>> Achievements & Awards
- Carlo Romanini Award First Prize 2006: Global Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, AAGL 35th Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, USA.
Best Endometriosis Paper: “Modified Virtual Colonoscopy – A New Non-invasive Technique for the Diagnosis of Recto-vaginal Septum and Deep Infiltrating Pelvic Endometriosis”.
- The Maybaker Radiology Gold Medal 1992: For outstanding achievement in the radiology residency examinations.
- Top Decile Graduation on The Medicine Merit List 1987.
- Top Decile Graduation on The Surgical Merit List 1987.
- University of the Witwatersrand Convocation Scholarship Award 1983: The Merit Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement MBBCh I.
- American Medical Graduate Examinations: FMGEMS – scored above the 80th percentile. FLEX – scored above the 90th percentile
- “Association between HIV replication and serum leptin level in a cohort of HIV-1 infected South African women” J of the Int AIDS Soc 2010, 13:33: author
- “Estimated Radiation Dose Associated With Cardiac CT Angiography” JAMA 2009;301(5):500-507 contributing site
- “Modified virtual colonoscopy: A noninvasive technique for the diagnosis of rectovaginal septum and deep infiltrating pelvic endometriosis” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology (2007) 14, 638 – 643 co-author
- “Acute Acalculous Cholecystitis In The Critically Injured Patient – The Early Sonographic Diagnosis” Injury 1994; 25: first author
- “Modified Virtual Colonoscopy – A New Non-invasive Technique for the Diagnosis of Deep Infiltrating Pelvic Endometriosis” ISR 2006 abstract co-author
- “Indications for colonoscopy. An analysis based on indications and diagnostic yield” S Afr Med J 1993;83:245-8 author
- “Colonoscopy – Indications and Diagnostic Yield” S Afr Med J 1989; 75: abstract author
- “Clostridium Difficile Colitis – a Nosocomial Infection” S Afr Med J 1989; 75: abstract author
- “Chemical Pollution Levels of Dam Systems” Spectrum 1989; 27: author
- “Preventive Imaging” The South African Medical Association, MediTalk, Winter 2006
- “64 slice Coronary CTA cases” Toshiba International Medical Systems Publication, 2005
Dr Keren Spiegel-Moyal
- Keren won the Smith and Nephew Award for orthopaedics
- Keren has a number of publications to her name in the South African Journal of Radiology and in the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology, Australia and New Zealand.